Online Valuation Tool - Australian Decimal Notes
Most Australian decimal notes are worth no more than their face value, unless they’re one of the rare types and / or are in excellent condition.
So which notes are the rare types then? They can be broken down into four main categories:
- Rare Signature Combinations;
- First and Last Prefix Notes;
- Star Replacement Notes;
- Errors and Varieties.
When looking up a number of Australian decimal notes, it's important to get organised first - here's how to make the process as simple as possible.
1. Sort the notes into 2 piles - paper and polymer;
2. Sort each pile into the different denominations ($5, $10, $20, etc);
3. Sort each pile into numerical order - use their serial numbers.
Now that you've got your notes organised, it's going to be a much quicke process to check the serial numbers against our list.